Shopping list for Coconutty Kerala Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil of your choice
- Coconut Milk (Full or Low fat)– 1 can
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, fresh or canned.
- 250g Chicken, cut into small pieces
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Sauté onion till golden brown. Add chicken & sauté for 2 minutes till browned. Add tomatoes & spice mix & sauté for 1 min. .Add 1 cup water & coconut milk. Add salt to taste. Turn the heat to low & simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh coriander & enjoy with white or brown rice or any other side of your choice.
Twist: add a handful of baby spinach leaves towards the end.
Variations: Equally delicious with fish/ prawns/ vegetables.